Seven Continents Club ™ (SCC) was founded in 1995 when the inaugural Antarctica Marathon made it possible for runners to conquer a marathon on all of the earth's seven continents. The SCC has evolved since then into a global frequent traveler club for runners that have a passion for traveling to the world’s most interesting running events.
The goal of many members is to run a marathon or half-marathon on all seven continents. To date, 397 men and 167 women have completed this exclusive quest at the marathon distance. Additionally, 12 men and 20 women have completed a half-marathon on all seven continents. We also have three men who are SCC Finishers at both the marathon and half-marathon level.
• Invitation to pre-register for popular and new destinations. members’ only trips - some trips are limited in size and SCC members get first notice when reservations are being accepted.
• Monthly SCC Bulletin. A special bulletin is emailed on irregular intervals whenever there is newsworthy information available. Typically these will notify you of new opportunities and the process for pre-registration.
• Personal web page - members have password access to their personal page.
• Special SCC Luggage Tags. SCC Members receive special luggage tags that identify their membership into this exclusive group.
• Finisher Certificate of Completion. A Finisher Certificate of Completion is given when a runner accomplishes his/her goal of running a marathon or half-marathon on each continent.
• Four Discount Vouchers. Each new member will receive four $25 vouchers that that can be applied toward any international trip. One voucher can be used per person per trip.
• VIP Treatment. When possible, we offer special acknowledgement to our SCC members. Examples include, VIP seating at special dinner events,
• Bragging Rights. How many runners do you know that run a marathon or half-marathon on all seven continents! Be proud to be one that has or is working on this goal.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
It is very simple to become a Seven Continents Club Member! We welcome those that are interested in running on all seven continents as well as those who prefer the VIP benefits of being a member. The onetime membership fee is $200 and will get you access to all the great benefits of being a member. To join, please complete the Membership Application Form.
Once completed, fax it to 617-242-7686 or email it to email@example.com or mail to Marathon Tours & Travel, 100 Everett Ave., Suite 2, Chelsea,MA 02150
We love highlighting an SCC Member and especially are super excited when it’s a duo like Georgine Cook and her son James Cook. They set out to accomplish this goal together of running on all seven continents and succeeded at the Amazing Maasai Marathon this past July. Congratulations to this dynamite pair!
What made you decide to set the goal of completing a half-marathon on all seven continents?
G: The adventure of all the travel to different places with my son. So fun!
J: Great way to see the world and spend time with my mom
How many marathons and/or half-marathons have you run?
G: I have totally lost count! My first was in 1984 and fastest in 1993 at age 50 (7 minute pace)
J: Not many. The seven continents and a few more in Canada and the US.
What is your favorite race and why?
G: Each continent race was special. We had to return to Iceland in 2016 to run an actual half-marathon since we were delayed in 09 and had to run just the 10k. If I couldn't live in Canada, I would choose Iceland. Still lots more races and places.......
J: Antarctica! Crossing the Drake passage and seeing all of the crazy wildlife (on and off the ship).
What word would you use to describe yourself?
Favorite thing about running and traveling?
G: Definitely the adventure and exploration; meeting great people.
J: The traveling/leisure part after the run is out of the way.
What words of advice would you give to someone who is training for their first marathon or half-marathon?
G: Find a running buddy and an appropriate training program. Be consistent, including rest days. Have fun!
J: Get on the waiting list to go to Antarctica. The time and money involved are good motivators.
This is a general overview of the seven continents. For a complete breakdown and independent site to avoid any controversy, please go to www.worldatlas.com
North America - United States, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean islands and Central America south to include Panama.
South America - All countries south of Panama including territories with recognized claims by these countries such as Easter Island and the Galapagos.
Asia - Japan, China, Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Middle East, etc.
Europe - Western Europe, United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, Canary Islands, Azores Madeira islands, all Parts of Russia west of the Ural Mountains, European Turkey.
Africa - All countries on the land mass called Africa and the islands including Madagascar, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Seychelles and others.
Oceania - Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, French Polynesia, Fiji, Tonga, New Guinea and other South Pacific Islands..
Antarctica - The land mass and ice shelves called Antarctica including adjacent islands such as the South Shetland Islands. All icebergs south of 62 degrees latitude would be included.
Have you or someone you know run a marathon or a half-marathon on all seven continents? Here is how to be recognized on the official Seven Continents Club Finishers List: