Seven Continents Club ™ (SCC) was founded in 1995 when the inaugural Antarctica Marathon made it possible for runners to conquer a marathon on all of the earth's seven continents. The SCC has evolved since then into a global frequent traveler club for runners that have a passion for traveling to the world’s most interesting running events.
The goal of many members is to run a marathon or half-marathon on all seven continents. To date, 438 men and 198 women have completed this exclusive quest at the marathon distance. Additionally, 13 men and 24 women have completed a half-marathon on all seven continents. We also have three men who are SCC Finishers at both the marathon and half-marathon level.
• Trip Discount Vouchers. Each new member will receive four $25 vouchers ($100 total) that can be applied toward any international trip. One voucher can be used per member per trip.
• Priority for popular trips that sell out and new destinations. Invitations to pre-register and / or register for priority wait-lists for members.
• Members’ only trips. Some trips are limited in size and SCC members will receive first notice when reservations are being accepted.
• VIP Treatment. When possible, we offer special acknowledgement to our SCC members. Examples include - VIP seating at special dinner events, SCC Members luggage tags that identify their membership into this exclusive group.
• SCC Email Bulletin. A special bulletin is emailed whenever there is newsworthy information available. Typically these will notify you of new opportunities and the process for pre-registration.
• Personal web page. Members have password access to their personal page.
• Finisher Medal and Certificate of Completion. A Finisher Medal and Certificate of Completion is presented when a runner accomplishes his/her goal of running a marathon or half-marathon on each continent.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
It is very simple to become a Seven Continents Club Member! We welcome those that are interested in running on all seven continents as well as those who prefer the VIP benefits of being a member. The one-time membership fee is $200 and will get you access to all the great benefits of being a member. To join, please complete the Membership Application Form. Once completed, Jen@marathontours.com will confirm with you at her earliest convenience.
We love highlighting an SCC Member and are honored to recognize Christina Flaxel. She set out to accomplish her goal of running on all seven continents and succeeded at the Tokyo Marathon earlier this year. Congratulations Christina!
What made you decide to set the goal of completing a half-marathon on all seven continents?
I felt it would be a terrific way to both run and see the world!
How many marathons and/or half-marathons have your run?
I lost count long ago - my guess is more than 300 marathons and probably double that on half-marathons. I use these for training for running ultra marathons.
What is your favorite race and why?
I have many favorites but I think the London Marathon is one of my favorites as you see the entire city during that run.
What word would you use to describe yourself?
Over-achiever is probably a pretty good description.
Favorite thing about running and traveling?
I love to run and I love to travel and see the world - so combining the two is the very best!!
What words of advice would you give to someone who is training for their first marathon or half-marathon?
Keep running - every little bit helps!
This is a general overview of the seven continents. For a complete breakdown and independent site to avoid any controversy, please go to www.worldatlas.com . Events must meet the standards listed on the Definition of Races page.
North America - United States, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean islands and Central America south to include Panama.
South America - All countries south of Panama including territories with recognized claims by these countries such as Easter Island and the Galapagos.
Asia - Japan, China, Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Israel, etc.
Europe - Western Europe, United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, Canary Islands, Azores Madeira islands, all Parts of Russia west of the Ural Mountains, European Turkey.
Africa - All countries on the land mass called Africa and the islands including Madagascar, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Seychelles and others.
Oceania - Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, French Polynesia, Fiji, Tonga, New Guinea and other South Pacific Islands..
Antarctica - The land mass and ice shelves called Antarctica including adjacent islands such as the South Shetland Islands. All icebergs south of 62 degrees latitude would be included.
Have you or someone you know run a marathon or a half-marathon on all seven continents? Here is how to be recognized on the official Seven Continents Club Finishers List: