MAASAI MARATHON PACKAGE
July 15-23, 2017
FEATURES: 2017 PRICING*
- One night at the Norfolk Hotel with breakfast
- One night at the Ark & one night at Aberdare Country Club with three meals daily
- Three nights at Sweetwaters Tented Camp with three meals daily
- Training run at Aberdare Country Club (optional)
- Bush walk at Aberdare Country Club
- Game drive and park fees at Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Game drive and park fees at Aberdare National Park
- Two nights in Maasai Marathon tented camp with three meals daily (excluding departure day)
- Airport transfers for arrival day in Nairobi and ground transportation between lodges
- Entrance to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary at Ol Pejeta
- All hotel taxes
- Pre-race briefing
- Services of Marathon Tours & Travel Staff
- Flight from Kimanjo Airstrip to Nairobi
*Marathon, Half-Marathon or 10K entry is additional; anything list as optional is additional
MASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK EXTENDED STAY OPTION - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Flights from Kimanjo to Masai Mara
- Flights from Masai Mara to Nairobi
- Three nights' accommodations at Governors Camp (July 23 - 26)
- Three meals daily
- Three game drives by Land Rovers each day
- Visit to a Masai village (for additional fee)
- Park fees (based on $70 per person per day and subject to change)
- Tips to camp staff (excluding driver tips)
- Services of Governors Camp Staff
- Services of Marathon Tours & Travel Staff
RATES (all prices in US dollars)
Maasai Marathon Package
(July 15- 23, 2017)
$3,499 per person
OPTIONAL: Nairobi Additional Night
|$155 per person (double)|
$275 per person (single)
OPTIONAL: Nairobi Day Tour
| $55 per person|| |
OPTIONAL: Solio Ranch Game Drive
| $135 per person|| |
EXTENSION: Masai Mara Extension
Governor's Camp (July 23 - 26, 2017)
$2,299 per person (double)
MARA Extension OPTIONAL:
Hot Air Balloon and Champagne Breakfast
| $468 per person|| |
- Single accommodations are limited.
- Luggage is restricted due to charter flights.
- Actual rates may change based on the final number of travelers.
- A visa to enter Kenya will cost an additional $50.00 per person and is not included in package price. Each guest is responsible for securing their visa. More information can be found here.
- Park fees currently included but rates are subject to change.
Please contact Marathon Tours & Travel for race package only pricing (requires two night minimum stay at tented camp site in Kimanjo). We can also assist with airfares from any city to Nairobi. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a competitive quote.
Hotel and Accommodations Information:
Norfolk Hotel - Opened in 1904, the Norfolk Hotel, located 30 minutes from Kenyatta International Airport (JIA), was designed to spearhead hospitality traditions in East Africa, which are still unmatched today. The hotel is a short distance from Nairobi's shopping and business district.
Aberdare Country Club -"A Haven in the Hills"...The Aberdare Country Club, only a two and a half hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, a part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was the homestead of an English couple that decided to settle in Kenya. Almost a half century later, their home, "The Steep", was renamed the Aberdare Country Club and opened for guests. Considered a heritage property in Kenya, The Aberdare Country Club has retained the charm of a private home with the simple comforts of a country inn. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, Haven Under the Hill, so aptly: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace."
Sweetwaters Tented Safari Camp, Ol Pejeta Conservancy - Located in a private conservancy with a higher wildlife-to-area ratio than any of Kenya's national parks makes Sweetwaters Serena Camp one of the most exclusive tented safari camps in Kenya! The Conservancy is host to all members of the "big Five' (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard). Situated on the plains of Mount Kenya, the camp features its own private veranda overlooking the water hole. The central restaurant offers both regional and international cuisine.
Race Site Tented Camp - Although not luxury tents, the camp site is an exceptional adventure! Each tent has its own private tented outhouse and shower. Even though basic they are very comfortable with frame beds and mattresses, a wash sink, and matted floor. Each tent has zippered windows for ventilation. The tented mess hall is where all meals are taken with a cash bar. A large pit provides the perfect setting for evening bomb fires!
Governors Camp, Masai Mara - Created in 1972, Governor's established a new standard in a luxury tented camps. Conde Nast awarded it as fourth among the top 10 hotels in the world in 1998. A visit here is one of the great travel experiences. There is a $70 per person park fee included per person per day pre-paid for this tour by Marathon Tours (if park fees change the difference per day will need to be paid directly via cash to the camp upon arrival).