Date: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 9:00 a.m. start
Events: Marathon, 15K and 10K
Course: The starting area is about 300 meters from the Bosphorus Bridge which links Asia to Europe. The race will be finished in front of the Sultanahmet Mosque in Sultanahmet Square. The 10K and 15K finishes along the Bosphorus and is a 15 minute walk back to the hotels. Transportation is provide by Marathon Tours to the Asian side for the start.
Weather: Average temperatures range between 50F-65F.
Approximate Entry Fees:
The entry fee for the Marathon and 15K is as follows:
- 80 TRY (about $34 USD) January 1 to July 31
- 120 TRY (about $51 USD) August 1 to August 31
- 160 TRY (about $68 USD) from September 1 to September 30
The entry fee for the 10K is as follows:
- 60 TRY (about $25 USD) January 1 to July 31
- 100 TRY (about $42 USD) August 1 to August 31
- 140 TRY (about $60 USD) from September 1 to September 30
Time Limit: Timing is provided by Championchip and is limited to 5 1/2 hours on the event web site. The traffic opens at 2:30pm; after that all runners who are still on the course will be asked to continue running on the sidewalks.
Awards: Every finisher receives a medal.